Sunday, May 22, 2016

Homemade waffles recipe

Next to bacon, I think my kids' favorite breakfast food is waffles. It is the one thing I know they will all agree to eating for breakfast. And trust me, getting my four to agree on anything is quite a momentous thing! For the longest time, I didn't own a waffle maker and they had to eat pancakes instead. Every weekend, they would ask for waffles and the reply was always the same, "Not today, I haven't bought a waffle maker yet". Well, I recently bought one and the kids are ecstatic because every weekend we have fresh, hot, homemade waffles for breakfast. If you are looking for a great basic recipe, this is my go-to. It is so easy to dress this waffle recipe up with chocolate chips, nuts, fresh fruit-pretty much anything you want because it isn't overly sweet like some waffle recipes are. These waffles turn out crisp and golden on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside-the perfect balance for starting out your day =)

HOMEMADE WAFFLES
Ingredients
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 3/4 cups milk
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions
Preheat waffle maker. In a medium to large size bowl, combine together all ingredients and mix until well blended. Spray waffle with non-stick spray and pour into batter. Cook until golden brown-serve hot.

Aimee Plesa

No comments:

Post a Comment